- This event has passed.
DTC’s 18th Lunch, Coal and Q&A – It’s All about Thermal Coal!
June 18, 2014 @ 11:30 am - 3:30 pm$525.00
DTC‘s upcoming Panel Discussion will take place on Wednesday, June 18th, 11:30am-3:30pm at the New York Athletic Club, NYC.
It’s All about Thermal Coal! We lined-up a roster of ‘A- list players’ representing the coal producers, utilities and traders, who will share their respective views on how the market will shake out.
- Six Quarters until Nirvana?/Steve Doyle: Steve is stoked to share his views on how he sees the next six quarters unfold. Buckle-up for this – he promises it will be one of his best!
- Who Benefits from MATS?/Hans Daniels: Hidden amid the ‘doom and gloom’ of MATS coal gen retirements in 2015 is upside to capacity factors at the surviving power plants. Which regions and producers benefit? Hans will let you know.
- Can Thermal Drive Coal Equities?/Mark Levin – BB&T Capital Markets: Mark Levin shares which coal equities have the most leverage in the recovering U.S. thermal market, and how long it takes before the recovery supports the balance sheets of producers.
- Back by Popular Demand! DTC’s Panel Discussion: We arranged what will be a lively panel discussion full of ‘in the trenches’ color on the U.S. thermal recovery. Moderated by Ted, our panelists will provide color of how the U.S. thermal recovery is unfolding on the ground level.
- Bill Davison/Alpha Natural Resources: Bill is Senior Vice President of Thermal Sales, which gives him a great overview of the various U.S. thermal basins given Alpha’s diversified footprint.
- Ginny Farrow/NRG Energy: As Portfolio Director of Coal Commodity & Transportation, the largest merchant generator in the U.S., Ginny is responsible for managing coal supply for the ~14.5 GW of coal gen.
- Jim McCaffrey/CONSOL Energy: Jim is Senior Vice President of Energy Marketing and has insight on the outlook in demand from CONSOL’s Napp customers.
- Bill Young/PSEG Energy Resources & Trade: Bill is Manager of Fuel Procurement, Supply and Trading and is active in both the coal and gas market.
- Andy Cox/Murray Energy: Andy is VP Marketing & Sales for the largest private coal company in the U.S., with assets in the Ill Basin and Napp.
- John Massey/BTG Pactual Commodities: John is a well-respected, fundamentals-focused trader. His market views are not to be taken lightly!
Please contact Vicky Bray to register (email: firstname.lastname@example.org; phone: 970.241.1510)