Mon, November 4, 2019 8:49 am
We are thrilled to announce Clark Moseley, CEO of Navajo Transitional Energy Company (NTEC), will be the keynote speaker at DTC’s 23rd Lunch, Coal and Q&A on Wednesday December 11, 2019 at the Cornell Club in NYC.
We have assembled some of the finest minds in the coal business with diverse experiences to help us sort through these ever-uncertain markets. The interactive, no-press, no-sponsors forum will set the stage for a candid, unbiased, and unrestricted discussion on what to expect from coal in 2020 and beyond. Reserve your spot today for a straight-shooting, engaging afternoon that will address the key drivers you need to watch in 2020, coupled with great networking opportunities. We’ve already sold 53% of our seats and we are certain this event will be the 18th consecutive sold out event.
- Clark Moseley/NTEC: As the CEO of NTEC, Mr. Moseley has helped guide his company to become one of the dominant players in the Powder River Basin with their recent move to acquire Cloud Peak and conclude Cloud’s Chapter 11 restructuring. Mr. Moseley brings a wealth of experience and perception from his 41 years in the industry where he worked on a wide variety of projects ranging from development of West Coast ports and rail to mine engineering and reclamation to strategic planning, marketing, and business development and acquisition. We are certain Mr. Moseley will offer plenty of insight into the rapidly changing PRB and the impact it will have on all markets.
- Metallurgical Coal Panel: Where do the markets go from here? Who is bringing on new capacity and how much will it be? Are we headed toward a chronic shortage of met coal or will there be too much flooding the markets in the next five years? Will global demand continue to grow or is it poised to slow down? Our all-star panelists will draw on their roles in the finance, domestic and overseas sales and marketing sectors, and business development sectors to give us the inside scoop from the trenches.
- Dan Horn/Contura, Sr VP Met Coal Sales
- Jeremy Sussman/Ramaco, CFO
- Bob Bennett/Blackhawk, Exec VP and CCO
- Charles Lussier/Warrior, Sr VP Sales and Marketing
- Export Coal Panel: Our export coal panel brings together diverse views from a dominant East Coast exporter, a dominant West Coast exporter and the sampler who provides the technical expertise and support to make it all happen. With the international markets in contango, are we set for an export rebound or are contango prices a mirage which remain fixed in the distance? Who stands to gain and lose in the current environment? Will we see more consolidation and closures? When will it happen? How much? Who? We have lots of questions and our diverse panelists will give you no-nonsense insight into the all the relevant happenings affecting the export market.
- Jim McCaffrey/CONSOL, CCO
- Paul Reagan/SAI, President
- Steve Read/Global Coal Sales Group, President
The Details: The event follows the American Coal Council’s annual coal trading conference at the Westin New York at Times Square in New York City (Dec 9 – 10), so we encourage those coming to town to stay the extra day for one last chance of networking and market intel.
- Date: Wednesday, December 11, 2019
- Time: 10:30AM – 3:00PM
- Location: The Cornell Club of New York (6 E 44th St., NYC)
- Cost: $550 per person (includes lunch); free attendance for our Premium clients
- 10:30AM: Doors open
- 11:00AM: Welcome by DTC’s Hans Daniels
- 11:15AM: Keynote Presentation by Clark Moseley
- 11:45AM: Q&A
- 12:00PM: Networking Break & Lunch
- 12:30PM: Metallurgical Coal Panel led by DTC’s Charles Dayton w/ Q&A
- 1:20PM: Networking Break
- 1:40PM: Export Coal Panel led by DTC’s Andy Blumenfeld w/ Q&A
- 2:30PM: Wrap up & Networking
- 3:00PM: Event ends
Reserve Your Spot Today: We aim to keep the events intimate and limit the number of attendees. As with the prior 17 sold-out events, we expect this one to sell out soon. To reserve your spot today, please contact Vicky Bray (1.970.234.0620).