With the upcoming Communist Party Meeting in China, it is important to understand where China policy is and where it is going as shifting policy has been a major driver in the energy and economic space. China’s GDP is growing at a phenomenal pace but at the expense of rapidly rising debt levels. This situation combined with a heavily state-controlled financial sector and regulatory inefficiencies (greatly influenced by the Communist Party’s directives) provides long-term risk for Chinese entities. However, in the near term, growth is still the highlight of China’s story.
The Country Profile explores topics including:
- A historical overview of China’s coal and steel industries;
- Economic indicators and factors fueling the country’s ever-growing economy;
- Pending political changes and President Xi Jinping’s aggressive growth targets;
- An in-depth analysis of debt-fueled growth polices;
- Supply, production, and prices and the outlook for the thermal and coking coal markets;
- Renewable energy growth which is becoming an increasingly important topic in the country.